10 Controversial Bible Verses That Will Have You Wondering
The Bible is one of the resourceful and important book for humanity. The Bible is made up of 66 books among which 39 are in the Old Testament and 27 are in the New Testament.
Before we look at the controversial Bible verses, here are the breakdown of the Bible; Total Number of books in the Bible – 66, Chapters – 1,189. Verses – 31,102, Words – 783,134, Letters – 3,566,480, Promises – 1,260, Commands – 6,468, Predication – over 8,000, Fulfilled Prophecy – 3,268 verses, Unfulfilled Prophecy – 3,140 verses, Questions – 3,296, Longest name – 18 letters (Isaiah 8:1), Longest verse – Esther 8:9, Shortest verse – John 11:35, Middle books – Micah and Nahum, Middle verse – Psalm 118:8, Middle and Shortest chapter – Psalm 117, Largest book – Psalms, Smallest book – 3 John (Counting words), Longest Chapter – Psalm 119, Word God occurs – 3,358 Times, Word Lord occurs – 7,736 Times and Total Authors – 40.
10 Controversial Bible Verses That Will Have You Wondering:
1. Luke 14:26: “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”
2. John 14:26: ”Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.”
3. Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV: “No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.4. Matthew 21:31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you.
4. Matthew 21:31: Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you.
5. Exodus 21:20-21: “When a slave owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner’s property.”
6. Leviticus 20:13 “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.”
7. Deuteronomy 23:2 “No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord, not even in the tenth generation.”
8. Ephesians 6:5 “Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.”
9. Leviticus 20:10: “If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife – with the wife of his neighbor – both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.”
10. Deuteronomy 22:28-29: “If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her.He can never divorce her as long as he lives.”