10 powerful quotes of Peter Obi during his World Press Conference after Presidential elections
Days after the Nigeria Presidential elections, the Labour Party Presidential Candidate, Dr Peter Obi, has made his first public appearance during his World Press Conference in the country’s capital, Abuja.
This is coming after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) controversially announced the All Progressive Congress (APC) Candidate, Ahmed Bola Tinubu, as the winner of the February 25 Presidential elections.
During his interactive season with Journalists, Peter Obi made the following statements;
1. We won the election, and we will prove it. We were asked to go to the court, so let’s go there.
2. If you must be addressed as ‘Your Excellency’, the process that brought you in must be excellent. I am assuring all the good people of Nigeria that we will explore every legal and peaceful means to reclaim our mandate because WE WON THE ELECTION”
3. Labour party won the election and I will prove it.
4. This is a marathon & I’m committed to going through this journey with the youths. It’s not going to be a one-day journey. No matter how long the night is, I’ll be there! I’ll go through this darkness with you because the structure of criminality won’t go overnight.
5. I’ll bring all my proofs to court, & I’m not in alliance with any party. I was once awarded a Prof by a school but I turned it down because it is wrong & unethical to accept what you don’t deserve. I will not call to congratulate him because he doesn’t deserve the win.
6. I am not going to engage any international community unless it’s based on invitation. It is our problem & we are meant to tackle it within ourselves!
7. “Another election is coming up on 11th of March, I encourage everyone to be part of it. I will be part of it as well. I assure you, YOUR SUPPORT WILL NOT BE IN VAIN. We Won and WE WILL SURELY PROVE IT TO THE WORLD”
8. “I am appealing to the youth. This is a long distance journey. I will be there with you, and go through this darkness with you. I will not go away. We will walk through this darkness till the day breaks”
9. Come out and vote in the (March 11) election, please come out and be part of the elections. I assure you that I will be a part of it, and I am totally committed to a better future for this country.
10. “People were busy doing what was wrong in this election and I have chosen to challenge this rascality for the future of this nation”