APC 2023 Governorship Aspirants Releases Communique After Meeting In Port Harcourt
The Governorship Candidates under the All Progressive Congress (APC) do the 2023 general election were on Monday released a communique after a fallout of series of consultations and interactions amongst the Candidates in the State.
According to the report received by iBelieveAll, the Candidates reveals the course of the meeting in several key points which was discussed and agreed which includes:
1. The Progressives Aspirants commend the party leadership on the peaceful and
successful hosting of the party’s national convention and congratulate all those
elected into the party’s National Working Committee.
2. The Progressives Aspirants agreed that all aspirants should go about their
consultations in a peaceful and civil manner; avoiding name calling, insults and
pulling down other aspirants to gain attention. Aspirants also agreed to caution
their supporters and social media aides from attacking aspirants from opposing
3. The Progressives Aspirants also agreed to work in unity and support whoever
emerges at the party primaries either by way of consensus or election as
exemplified by the party leadership at the just concluded national convention.
4. The Progressives Aspirants called on the party leadership to ensure a level playing
field for all aspirants during the primaries to give everyone a sense of belonging,
fairness and equity.
5. As a way of respecting the party supremacy, the aspirants resolved that
immediately a candidate emerges, all aspirants will put self and ego aside and
collapse their various campaign structures into the party structure to support the
flag bearer to win the 2023 elections for APC in Rivers State.
6. The Progressives Aspirants Forum call on Rivers people and residents to get their
PVCs ready to vote for all APC candidates at all levels to emerge victorious in the
7. The Progressives Aspirants agreed to consult other stakeholders, elder Statesmen,
opinion leaders and key politicians in the state to support power rotation to the
Riverine-Ijaw come 2023 as a way of ensuring equity, justice and fairness in the
distribution of political offices.
8. The Progressives Aspirants also affirmed their unalloyed loyalty to the President of
the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, and
our leader, the Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, and
commend him for his courage to declare his interest to run for the office of President
in the 2023 elections.
9. The Progressives Aspirants Forum also commend the state leadership of the party
led by Chief Hon. Emeka Beke, for keeping the party in the state together and also
leading delegates to a successful convention.
10. Finally, the calls on all genuine members of the APC in Rivers State to seek reconciliation, forgiveness, close ranks and work with the leadership of the Party in the State to ensure the party wins the Governorship seat and other legislative offices both at the State and National level come 2023.
The meeting was attended by: Hon Dr. Sokonte Davies, Dr. Dakuku Adol Peter side, Dr. Dawari I. George, Architect Tonye Cole, Prince Tonye T.J.T. Princewill, Engr. Biokpomabo Awara, Chief (Rev.) Francis Ebenezar Ada, Hon. Mina Tenda, Hon. Ojukaya Flag Amachree and Hon. Ibinabo Michael West.