Biography of Tems: Age, Parents, Boyfriend, Net Worth and Source of Wealth
In this article, we will look at the Biography Tems: Age, Parents, Boyfriend, Net Worth and Source of Wealth.
Nigerian singing sensation Tems made history at the 2022 BET awards when she became the first African female to win the Best International Category.
Temilade Openiyi , known professionally as Tems, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and record producer.
She is widely known for her feature on Wizkid single, “Essence“, which reached the top ten of the Hot 100 after a reworked version that has an additional feature from Justin Bieber and earned her a Grammy Award nomination.
That same year, she was featured on Drake’s song, “Fountains“, which debuted and peaked at number 26 on the Hot 100.
In the same year, Tems was ranked number one on the Billboard Next Big Sound chart and number-one on the Billboard Emerging Artists chart.
On 25 September 2020, Tems released her debut extended play, For Broken Ears
. On 15 September 2021, she released her second extended play, If Orange Was a Place, after being signed to RCA Records.
Tems was featured alongside Drake on Future‘s 2022 single, “Wait for U“, which debuted atop the Billboard Hot 100, making her the first African artist to debut at number one and the second Nigerian artist to top the chart.
Throughout her career, Tems has received multiple award nominations, winning two NAACP Image Awards, two BET Awards and a Soul Train Music Awards.
Tems attended Dowen College before proceeding to study Economics in Monash South Africa, South Africa for her tertiary education. At school, she was noticed by her music teacher and learned to play the piano. She practised singing with her brother and often used his guitar accompaniment
Tems grew up in a simple family, she discovered her music talent after she joined a local choir. She took the basic steps in becoming a wonderful musician during her childhood days, she recorded songs with her school choir and practiced with her brother’s guitar. According to a documentary with MU Narratives, she recounted how her music teacher encouraged her to sing with her real voice when she doubted her capability.
Born to a Nigerian mother and a British-Nigerian father, her family moved to the United Kingdom shortly after birth. Her parents divorced when she was five. Tems relocated to Nigeria with her mother and brother, they resided in Ilupeju before moving to Lekki then Ajah.
11th of July, 1995
She attended Dowen College in Lekki. She later moved to Johannesburg to study Economics in a South African university.
She is not married yet and has not made her relationship status public. Probably, she is very good at keeping it off the media.
One Dubby, the ex-boyfriend of Nigerian singer Tems, had lamented bitterly over cheating on her 4 years back, before became famous.
According to Dubby, he cheated on Tems with her bestfriend while they were still lovers and admits it’s a grave mistake that he wished could be turned back.
Dubby conducted a Q&A session on his Instagram page with his followers and was replying to a follower who asked him the question;
“if you had the opportunity to change a mistake you made what would that be?” and he replied:
“Hmm.. Me cheating with temilade with her best friend in 2017, never knew the worth of my gold until I lost it ??”.
Other songs she has released and featured in includes;
- Mr Rebel
- Looku Looku
- Try Me
- Come Inn
- These Days
- If U then I
- Plunge Down the Cascades
- Diss for Lil’ProkS
- Ultra Happiness
- Ghost Detain
- Love Me Down
- Twisted Tilde
- Tales By Moonlight
- Time Swap
- Good Time
- These Days
- Too Bad
- Know your Worth – DJ Khalid ft Davido, Disclosure.
Source of wealth
- Net Worth
- Tems got some international recognition after she featured with DJ Khalid which increased her income and event charges. Her net worth is an estimated $100,000 – $300,000 after her “essence” collaboration with Wizkid gave her international recognition.
- Tems had a great 2021 with her contributions on WIzkid’s‘Essence’ earning her wide international acclaim. Tems also appeared on Drake’s ‘Certified Lover Boy’ album which further proved her status as one of Nigeria’s biggest international export.
- With her win at the 2022 BET awards, Tems joins Ice Prince, Wizkid, Davido, and BurnaBoy as Nigerians who have won the BET Awards.
- In 2019, Tems was nominated for the Best Vocal Performance (Female) and Best Alternative Song for her single “Mr. Rebel”, during the Headies award.
- On February 5, 2023, Tems won a Best Melodic Rap Performance Grammy for her collaboration on “Wait For U” with Future and Drake.
- She won the Female MVP award at the Soundcity MVP Awards held at the Eko Convention Centre in Lagos in February, 2023.
On 14 December 2020, Tems was arrested alongside Omah Lay after they performed in a show in Uganda. The Ugandan Police authority identified violation of COVID-19 lockdown protocols as the reason for their arrests. The artists felt they were set up. Two days later, the Ugandan government released the two, apologised for the arrests and cleared them of wrongdoing.
The information in this article was curated from online sources. All details cannot be independently verified by iBelieveAll or its editorial team.