Five things to remember before jumping off to marathon
Naturally, runners who have participated in a marathon are eager for that what’s next. Whether you want to run another marathon or not, the first marathon can give you a brief idea of what to expect and what to work on before the next one.
Although, being eager to run another marathon makes sense, that doesn’t mean it’ll be easy. Here are five things to remember when moving up to the marathon.
1. Find the right race: If you have registered for Port Harcourt City marathon, you are a step closer to completing this list.
2. Plan! Planning is essential, and maybe the most important thing when moving up in distance.
3. Prioritize distance. If it is your first marathon, you should focus on increasing your distance instead of your speed.
4. Practice fueling: Some runners can get through a half-marathon without energy gels or bars, but for a marathon, you need to find a fuelling strategy that will work for you.
5. Be modest with your expectations: Although preparation is important for your first marathon, the race itself will provide you with the most wisdom. Anything can and will happen during your first marathon, and most of the time it’s beyond your control. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.
This December 2022, Port Harcourt City Marathon will give you another opportunity to participate in a long run through the City.
Get set and get ready to join over 10,000 runners around the country to participate in this year’s Port Harcourt City Marathon.
Interesting fact about the marathon is that lots of prices are to be win by participants during the marathon and you don’t want to be left behind or be told about it.
To participant, kindly register to join the Marathon the official website and get ready for the day. Visit www.phcitymarathon.com now and join over 10,000 participants.
1. Bonny Island Marathon Announces Theme for 5th Edition, Inaugurates Advisory Board